News & Publications
2020 National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Each March, organizations around the country celebrate National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month (NDDAM). This month is a time for us to rally together in the spirit of awareness for people with disabilities. This March, DCBDD is participating in or hosting a variety of events to spread the purpose of NDDAM throughout Delaware County. Below is a listing of the events we will be supporting throughout the month. Whether you join us for one or all of them, we appreciate your dedication to spreading the word!
2020 NDDAM Events
- March 2, 2020 – Go Blue for Acceptance and Awareness
- Employees and community members will be encouraged to sport their blue attire to kick off NDDAM. Post a picture of yourself on social media wearing your blue attire and use the hashtag #AllMeansAll
- March 13, 2020 – Annual Provider Meeting, Merrick Hall, Ohio Wesleyan
- March 16, 2020 – Intro to 3D Printing, The Maker Annex
- Learn the basics of 3D design and find out how 3D printing can be used to solve accessibility challenges!
- Click here to learn more or to register.
- March 19, 2020 – Lifetime of Giving, Scioto Reserve Country Club
- March 20, 2020 – John’s Crazy Sock Day
- Technically, the official day for this event is Saturday, March 21st. In the interest of getting more people involved and increasing awareness, we will celebrate this day before on March 20.
- Participants will sport their craziest, wild, out-of-the box socks to spur conversations about acceptance and inclusion.
- Take a picture of your crazy socks and post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #AllMeansAll.
- March 26, 2020 – Public Safety Day, Mingo Park
For questions about the events please contact Anne Flanery at email@example.com.